Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Update...

I'll start first with how my day of no complaining went. It lasted only one day. I would go throughout the day trying to remember if I had actually complained or not. I don't think anyone really noticed a difference but I noticed that I tried to be more positive. I also realized that I didn't like how I was responding to Judah's behavior when I wanted him to do something. Lately I've been getting very frustrated with him when he doesn't do what I ask and I end up making him do it and then he throws a fit and then I tell him how upset he's making me (or at least his actions are making me upset). So after my day of no complaining I resolved to take a few extra minutes to calm down and talk with him rather then nag/yell and give him a choice. But more importantly I have tried to remind myself that he is two and two year olds have lots energy and have a hard time transitioning into new activities. I need to appreciate his sense of humor rather then get so annoyed because he's being so silly.

With that said, I've decided to put off potty training (again). It's not necessarily that's he's not ready but with the back and forth that we frequently do between parents' homes it just seems to be dragging on longer than I want. He does really well when he can run around half naked but if I try to put pants or underwear on him he doesn't seem to mind going in them, not to mention he can't really pull his pants down on his own yet anyway. So we'll try again later.

No Spend February has been really successful so far. We're half way through the month and we've gotten gas once and a couple of things from the grocery store. I did splurge on a bag garam masala for $2.99 from the international market because I needed it for a recipe I was making that night and that was the only size bag they had (and then I didn't have time to make that recipe anyway, doh!) I will still make it but I could have shopped around for a smaller quantity and cheaper price. I also had to buy diapers today... for Judah :(. It'll be fun at the end of the month to see on average how much money we saved.

Asher's personality is really starting to show. I love the way he looks at Judah and smiles and giggles at him. For a while there every night when we would walk up the stairs to go to bed I would be holding Asher and Judah would be climbing the stairs in front of us talking about something and Asher would just start giggling. Then we'd climb on the bed and if Judah even looked at Asher while he was talking Asher would bust up laughing. Now Judah tries to make him laugh and it almost always works, except for when instead it makes him cry. Also, sometimes when Asher is sad Judah will say "Asher, it's okay" in a sweet voice and then sing him the ABCs. It works, and melts my heart.

The boys are back to waking up in the 6 o'clock hour. For a couple of weeks or so they would sleep in til 8:30 or even 8:45 and it was AMAZING! But of course that was a fluke and not the norm, boo! I don't even know what the best bedtime for them is or should be anymore, I'm so confused. They've each been sick lately and for the last three days Judah has taken two naps in a day! Hopefully we'll get some kind of schedule back to normal again.

Jon has been very willing to give Asher a bottle in the middle of the night to give me a break and I let him once in a while but that guy requires more sleep than I do and still needs a nap when he gets home from work. He uses the excuse that he still has Lyme Disease, which he probably does and is the only reason why I don't resent him for needing so much sleep when I hardly get any! Since the disease never really goes away (although some doctors don't even believe it exists!) then I can't really give him too much grief. Plus if I asked him to do anything he would do it without hesitation (talk about whipped!) even if he were tired. I have him get up to put Asher's binky back in his mouth at night sometimes because I feel like that kid can smell milk and won't go back to sleep unless he's fed if I go in there. Pretty much I have an awesome husband, the best, even if he is so sleepy.

Anyway, I think that update was plenty long. Time for pictures...














No comments: